What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you use our contact us form.
- Your email address and name.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use choice-marketing.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, and improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on choice-marketing.co.uk
- How long you spend on each choice-marketing.co.uk page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
- Allow you to access our services and make transactions
- Provide you with information about our services if you want it
What we do with your data
The data we collect will not be:
- Sold to third parties
- Shared with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.